28.5.07

Take me away from the ponies and to the hospital


Barely back from my weekend with the wild ponies of Chincoteague, tonight Petrov is going to The Faint's sold out show at 9.30club. To my knowledge, this band is one of only two things to hail from Omaha, Nebraska... the other being Omaha steaks (or at least the name implies such). Unlike the overpriced meat delivered via mail to your front door, The Faint's next (still unscheduled, but rumored to be soon) album is something Petrov looks forward to after my dearest postman leaves it on my porch sitting in the hot DC sun all day. The band's last release was in 2005, which has left me knowing the words to every song, making tonight's show a not so good experience for whoever Petrov shall be standing next to.

Let it be known for future reference that Petrov has no sense of categorization of music by genre, but if Petrov were put in a corner he'd call The Faint an indie electro-rock band. 'Take me to the hospital' is a song Petrov was unfamiliar with until recently due to the fact the song was only released on a compilation by the band's record label, Saddlecreek.